Diana Turner: Grade 8
With final exams coming up for seventh and eighth graders, the stress is potentially coming in as well. But don’t worry! Here are six easy steps to help students excel during finals:
- Color-code your subjects – For example:
- Math ~ Red
- Science ~ Orange
- Spanish ~ Yellow
- Latin ~ Green
- History ~ Blue
- English ~ Purple
- Start studying at least 3 weeks before the exam – For example, use Quizlet and review packets.
- Ask questions – Ask your teachers for guidance on their personal study techniques.
- Time your breaks – If you want to take a break to eat a snack while studying, make sure it will only be about 5 – 10 minutes.
- Get lots of sleep! – Make sure to get home early (especially the weekend before finals) to study, so that you can get 8 – 10 hours of sleep each night.
- Rewrite your notes – Get blank paper and write down your notes to help remember them.
With these simple tips, final exams can be a relaxing way to conclude the year, rather than an anxious, last-minute cram session. Good luck!